How to record your presentation with OBS
Contact Paula Schneider if you need assistance
- Download and install OBS
- Choose optimize for local capture
- When asked for video preferences -> click ok.
- Make sure your audio and video are switched on and are working.
- Check preferences (use this also for when audio and/or camera are not working)
- Click on Settings -> Output /Video. Choose MP4
- Next, you add sources for your presentation: your webcam (Video capture device) and the window containing your presentation (Window Capture).
Video Capture Device
- Click the + in ‘Sources’ (at the bottom of your OBS window)
- Select Video Capture Device
- OBS will ask you to create new or add existing. Just click on ok.
- Choose your device (your webcam)
Adjust the screen
- Click at the + in ‘Sources’ (at the bottom of your OBS window)
- Select Window Capture
- OBS will ask you to create new or add existing -> click on ok.
- Choose the document you would like to share
Click ‘Start Recording’ (on the right at the bottom of your OBS window)
Important: It is best to have OBS and your presentation either:
- You can resize and reposition your Window and Video captures with your mouse (drag and click)
- Drag and click of mouse in combination with the alt-button (Option-button on a Mac) can adjust the shape of your presentation
Give your presentation.
- Side by side
- On different screens
- Only show your presentation